Try it Tuesday - Something to be Thankful for cards

17 March 2015







As my mum in law has been so supportive since I lost my mum, I wanted to make her a card to give her on Mother's Day to thank her for everything she has done and continues to do for me.

The card is really easy to make.  I chose Calypso Coral as I wanted to steer away from the usual pink and purples tone of Mother's Day.  However, it can be made in any colour you fancy and ready to hand out whenever you need to.  You can get two cards from an A4 sheet of card stock.  Simply cut in half vertically and then score horizontally half way - a perfect A6 card.

The sentiment is taken from the You Brighten My Day stamp set which is currently free with every £45 spend during Sale-A-Bration which ends at the end of this month *sad face*.  It co-ordinates with the Note Tag punch, so I decided to offset it with a couple of backing layers of card stock and Dazzling Diamonds paper for a hint of sparkle!



Rather than using embellishments or traditional ribbon on the tag, I decided to use a piece of the Best Year Ever Designer Series Paper (also currently free during Sale-A-Bration) and make a bow instead with the fabulous Bow Builder Punch so it really stood out against the Whisper White card stock.

The love heart sentiment at the top is also from the same stamp set and co-ordinates with the heart in the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack. (currently a gift from me if you join my team during Sale-A-Bration)  This was then topped with one of the cute Epoxy Stickers to give an added dimension.

So, what do you think? My mum in law loved it anyway and was very touched *happy face*


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWIDTHINGS