Try it Tuesday - Simply Stylish Thank You Cards

17 February 2015




I thought it might be fun to have a regular weekly item on the blog of simple, yet effective projects that are easy to make and that you could create for any occasion.  So say hello to Try it Tuesday!

Today's post is a simple, stylish thank you card using the fabulous Perpetual Birthday Calendar and Painted Petals photopolymer stamp sets.  Having these two collections in your craft kit can spark endless possible project ideas in any colour, for any age.

I return to work from maternity leave in a couple of weeks and I wanted to give the lovely gentleman who has been covering for me something by way of gratitude for holding the fort in my absence.

Two slight problems I had here:

  1. I always find male cards quite daunting to make (like buying presents, there's only so many times you can buy socks!)
  2. How to make a card for a man I don't know and have only met once when he attended his interview!

As it is an office based job, I decided I wanted it to be inspired by that and what a chaotic environment it can be.  Within the Perpetual Birthday Calendar stamp set I found a stamp which looked like splatters of ink - perfect!

The base of the card is made using a sheet of A4 card stock cut in half vertically and then scored at 14.8cm and folded in half.  I then decided to opt for my usual plan when I'm unsure what card to make - if in doubt, LAYER!

The sizes of the layers are as follows:

Bottom layer - 14.3cm x 10cm (to give a 0.5cm border)
Square layer - 8cm x 8cm and 7.5cm x 7.5 cm

On the Whisper White cardstock I stamped all over with the ink splatter stamp, making sure to take it right over the edges to give a nice border effect once the layers are all put together.

To adhere the first layer I used Snail adhesive, as I did the second layer of stamped Whisper White to the Smoky Slate cardstock. The others I used Dimensionals to give the layers height.

I used the Thank You sentiment from the Painted Petals stamp set and punched it out using the 1' square punch.  I then used the Bracket Label Punch on some Smoky Slate cardstock and adhered everything to the square layer with Dimensionals.

The white insert for the card measures 13.8cm x 9.5cm and is stamped with the 'You Are Amazingly Amazing' sentiment.

I did use a piece of ribbon on the original as I wasn't sure at first if it was a bit too plain.  However, as you can see from these ones I made with different motifs and in Wisteria Wonder and Marina Mist, they look just as nice without ribbon.


As you can see, they are simple and easy to make yet effective in a whole array of colours.  You could change the sentiment too depending on what the card was for.  I can see them looking fabulous in the brights collection!

So, what do you think?  Fancy giving it a go?  Do let me know if you do!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWIDTHINGS