Big Shot Bonanza - Balloon Framelit Bookmarks

6 March 2015




Bedtime stories with a toddler can be quite eventful.  You start the book, they want to make shadow puppets with their reading lamp.  You continue the book, apparently Postman Pat is stuck in the delivery train and it is imperative he is rescued before lights out.  After said toddler is back in bed, the book is now boring and Peppa Pig books are best as they have more pictures!

Endless books on the shelf and most not fully read.  So I decided to have a play and make some bookmarks so my husband and I know where we got up to in each story that sounded interesting but we've as yet not finished.  Hence we have today's project - bookmarks with a twist

I purchased my Big Shot with my first Stampin' Up! order as my half price product.  The first thing I put in my basket to go with it was the Balloon framelit dies.  From a very early age I have loved balloons.  Which is quite strange when I don't like loud noises and we all no they can make an almighty bang when they burst.  My little boy is a bit of a balloon fiend too so it made complete sense to make balloon bookmarks!  These can either be clipped to the page using the paper clip on the back of the balloon.  Or, alternatively, leave the balloon inside the page and then let the ribbons dangle outside of the book so you can see what page you are up too.

As I was using the Best Year Ever Designer Series Paper (currently free with a £45 spend during Sale-A-Bration) I needed a bit more depth to the balloon really so it didn't end up a squished mess.  With all Stampin' Up! DSP packages, you get a sheet of heavy card at the back to keep the paper straight.  Just right for the job I thought!  I merely stuck the DSP onto the backing card with Snail adhesive then ran it through the Big Shot with the relevant framelit on it.

The measurements for all the different pieces are as follows:

Balloon - a piece of DSP/Card measuring 7cm x 7cm
Bow - a piece of DSP/Card measuring 3cm x 3cm
Banner - a piece of DSP/Card measuring 7cm x 3cm




I adhered the bow and banner to the balloon with dimensionals.

The ribbons and buttons are from the Best Year Ever Accessory Pack (also currently free with every £45 spend during Sale-A-Bration)  Each length of ribbon is 30cm, looped in half and then stuck onto the back of the bottom of the balloon with Glue Dots.  The balloons are optional of course.  I just personally thought they'd help weigh the ribbon down and be easier to find while looking for the page with only a dim night light on!

Fun for young and old to make!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWIDTHINGS