Irresistibly Yours Wedding Favour Delights

27 February 2015






I recently saw a photo on my friend, Pamella Dunn's Instagram page and was immediately drawn to the fabulous colours.  Ok, I admit, the first thing I saw were the delicious macarons, but the nearest I'll get to those is by watching Paul Hollywood test them on the Great British Bakeoff, so this project is inspired by the colours.

Pamella was my fairy godmother as my wedding day grew scarily close at a frightening rate and was an absolute trouper during our big day, so these are inspired by her - a wedding extraordinaire.

When thinking of wedding favours, there were two main things I needed to consider - something that looked chic but that wasn't going to break the budget too much.

A big tick with both of those is using the Irresistibly Yours Designer Series Paper (DSP) as it's free with every £45 spend up until the end of March as part of the Sale-A-Bration promotion.  The box is made using the smallest setting on the Gift Box Punch Board, so a piece of DSP measuring 6' x 6'.  Each sheet of DSP measures 12' x 12' so you would get 4 boxes out of 1 sheet and there are 12 sheets in a pack.  The great thing too is that they can be kept white or coloured with ink and colour you wish depending on your colour scheme - another added bonus!

Looking at the colours in the photo, these seemed to match Coastal Cabana and Pistachio Pudding perfectly.  I used a brayer to cover each piece with the corresponding ink pad then wiped off the excess with a tissue.  This then made the pearlescent pattern pop out.  After leaving the ink to dry a minute of two, I did all the measuring and scoring on the reverse side and folded over the score lines and furnished them using a bone folder.



The extra large bow on top was made using the Bow Builder Punch, adhered with glue dots and then stuck onto a scallop circle of Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper to add a bit of sparkle.

I then finished off by punching some dainty flowers out of some Whisper White card stock using the Itty Bitty Accents punch pack (a gift from me if you join my team before the end of March).  I sponged the sides with ink and scattered them like confetti for an added table decoration.

As you can see, they're fairly simple to make.  Get a few friends or your attendants round, each take a stage of the process (trimming, inking, punching etc) and you'd have them done in no time.  Plus, you can then use the tools either to make similar boxes for thank you gifts or to use after the big day whenever you might need them!

So what do you think?


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

  1. These are so gorgeous, and so well made, I would love these at my wedding (If I was getting married).

    Meme xx

    Latest Post out now:
    'Not Another Book Haul//Amazon Haul'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Meme. That means a lot. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWIDTHINGS